Energy & Fatigue Support
Professional Fatigue Support Clinic in Vancouver WA
Now Offering Virtual Video & Phone Appointments in WA & OR
Energy & Fatigue Support
If you find yourself feeling tired often and wanting to sleep more than usual, Functional Medicine may be able to help restore your energy by understanding the underlying cause of your fatigue. Fatigue is often an early communication signal from the body that something is off, but the causes of fatigue can vary greatly.
- Lack of energy
- Constantly tired
- Muscle weakness/pain
- Concentration issues
- Anxiety and depression
- Chronic headache
- Digestive issues
- Brain fog
While it is normal to slow down from time to time, fatigue may be an early warning sign that something needs to be further identified.
Common Causes of Fatigue
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Gut health
- Genetic Conditions
- Systematic illnesses such as Hypothyroidism, Lyme Disease, Adrenal Fatigue, Diabetes, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, RA, Fibromyalgia, Heart Disease, and Infections
- Lifestyle factors such as nutrition, stress levels, sleep, and physical activity
Functional Medicine Fatigue Treatment
Since fatigue has many different underlying causes, the treatment is tailored to the individual. There are a few general guidelines we often recommend for most individuals experiencing fatigue.
- Remove inflammation and heal the gut through diet and hydration. We encourage patients to focus on whole foods including plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (9 servings/day!) and healthy sources of clean, wild, grass-fed animal protein as a source of heart healthy protein and fat. Inflammatory foods such as refined sugar, packaged/processed foods, processed grains, dairy, artificial sweeteners and preservatives, food dyes, and synthetic chemicals can cause inflammation throughout the body leaving you lethargic and tired. Removing waste material from your body is important to lower inflammation, making proper hydration and elimination (sweat, urine, poop) key.
- Although you may be physically exhausted, being sedentary may worsen your symptoms. Gradual physical activity, movement, spending time in nature, and social interaction may help increase your mood, energy, and emotional wellness. We work with you to help you implement these lifestyle modifications in a manageable way. We also look at stress and offer techniques and tools to support you in your internal/emotional regulation.
- We help you make sleep and relaxation a priority. It’s important to establish a regular bedtime routine, which includes a physical and emotional wind-down period. Wearing blue light blocking glasses, removing electronic devices at least 1.5 hours before bed, and keeping the room dark and cool are an important part of sleep. We may also recommend helpful supplements such as melatonin and a specific form magnesium.
If you have been experiencing symptoms relating to chronic fatigue and are looking for answers, schedule an appointment with Functional Medicine Partners today!
Ask us about insurance coverage options for Energy and Fatigue Support.